Throughout our history, Blackseed Investments Management have learned that acting responsibly toward our stakeholders is fundamental to operating a productive, profitable business. It is for this reason that we embed environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles across our operations and pursue philanthropic initiatives that strengthen our foundations in the communities in which we do business. These efforts help us ensure that our business model is sustainable well into the future.
Blackseed ESG Principles
As we pursue our value-related goals, the following principles and associated practices ensure that we manage our investments with integrity, balancing economic goals with good corporate citizenship.
Ensuring the Well-Being and Safety of Employees
- Employee Well-Being: Meet or exceed all applicable labour laws and standards in jurisdictions where we operate, which includes respecting human rights, offering competitive wages and implementing non-discriminatory, fully inclusive hiring practices.
- Health & Safety: Aim to have zero serious safety incidents within our businesses by working towards implementing consistent health and safety principles across the organization.
Be Good Stewards in the Communities in Which We Operate
- Community Engagement: Engage with community groups that might be affected by our actions to ensure that their interests, safety and well-being are appropriately integrated into our decision-making.
- Philanthropy: Empower our employees to participate in — and use our resources to give back to — the communities in which we operate.
Mitigate the Impact of our Operations on the Environment
- Environmental Stewardship: Strive to minimize the environmental impact of our operations and improve our efficient use of resources over time.
Conduct Business According to the Highest Ethical and Legal/Regulatory Standards
- Governance, Ethics and Fairness: Operate with high ethical standards by conducting business activities in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and with our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Transparency: Be accessible to our investors and stakeholders by being responsive to requests for information and timely in our communication.